Downey & Mayhugh, P.C. is a general civil practice law firm providing experienced legal services to individuals and businesses throughout Virginia. Located in Warrenton, VA, the firm serves clients primarily in the counties of Fauquier, Culpeper, Prince William and Fairfax.
This firm offers a broad range of personal and business legal services in land use, zoning, commercial litigation, land development, real estate, tax assessment appeals, environmental law, wills, trusts and estate planning.
James Downey and George Mayhugh are the principal attorneys in the firm. Offering decades of experience, Downey & Mayhugh provide counsel in many areas of law. With combined experience of more than sixty years, James Downey and George Mayhugh are the lawyers to trust for the simplest or most complex legal issues.
Attorneys for All Areas of Law
- Tax Assessment Appeals throughout Virginia
- Zoning, Land Use and Real Estate Development
- Commercial Litigation Including Representation of Owners and Contractors in Construction Disputes
- Environmental Protection Law and “Wetlands Banking”
- Conservation Easements
- Compensation for Takings of Property for Highways and Other Public Uses
- Business Law and Entity Formation
- Personal Injury
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate Law
- General Litigation and Appeals
Lawyers With the Right Experience for Every Need
Partners James Downey and George Mayhugh are well known in Warrenton and Northern Virginia. Each has unique abilities and areas of interest. James Downey concentrates in tax assessment and other property tax cases before administrative agencies, Circuit Courts and the State Corporation Commission. He also practices in the areas of zoning, land use, environmental, condemnation and eminent domain cases. George Mayhugh has a wide background in all areas of business and personal law. He concentrates on personal injury, wills, trusts and estate planning, and business transactions. Both are accomplished litigators.
Downey & Mayhugh, P.C., serving Warrenton and the Counties of Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince William and Fairfax and throughout Virginia.